Pre-K/Kindergarten Bilingual Japanese Program
Bellevue Children’s Academy offers a full-day Pre-K/Kindergarten Bilingual Japanese program which focuses on building independent, collaborative and global citizens as they learn Japanese reading and writing, immersed in a half-day of Japanese and a half-day of English curriculum.
- BCA Bilingual Program Flyer in English (PDF)
- BCA Bilingual Program Flyer in Japanese (PDF) ー 日本語でのお問い合わせ 425-649-0791 (内線9)
- Core Classes: Japanese, English, Math, Science and Social Studies inquiry
- Specialist Classes: Computer, Music, Art, Physical Education, Drama, LEGO® and Library
- Ages: 4yrs. (by Aug. 31) – 5 yrs.
- Place: BCA 1 Campus (14600 NE 24th St., Bellevue, WA 98007 )
- Schedule: Mon. – Fri. 9:00 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.
＊ Morning care (from 7:30 a.m.) and after care (till 6:00 p.m.) are available. ($0.27/minute or $16/hour)
＊ We offer after-school enrichment programs. (The fee varies. Visit here for more information.)
- 2019-2020 Tuition ：$19,600 (Please find more details on the Tuition page)
- Student Teacher Ratio: 10:1 (Pre-K) , 12:1 (Kindergarten)
Messages from the Bilingual Program Teachers
Izumi Tanaka – Japanese
Here at our bilingual kindergarten program, we focus on student’s curiosity of,“why”. During Japanese class, we read haikus and kotowaza (Japanese proverbs) out loud to appreciate the beauty of Japanese rhythm, as well as practice reading sentences with hiragana and kanji. Our goal is to allow students to have a smooth transition to elementary school by having a large vocabulary. In math, students use manipulatives to count and use shapes and space perception for the development of core cognitive skills. By learning and spending time with other students at the bilingual kindergarten, we hope your child will explore and discover their unique individual identity.
Lorien Rowland – English
I graduated from Western Washington University with a degree in Elementary Education and Spanish. Joining the community at BCA has been an amazing opportunity as I am able to put my English teaching skills into practice. It is incredible to watch my students, who come in with no English language background at all, learn phonics, vocabulary, reading, writing and how to ask and answer questions in English. I have loved the small class size which allows me to develop a personal relationship with each child and work closely with them to excel their learning.
How to Apply for the BCA Pre-K/Kindergarten Bilingual Japanese Program
Please visit the Application Process Page and follow the same steps with all other BCA classes. You can chose “Bilingual Pre-K” or “Bilingual K” during the application process.
IB® in action in the bilingual program