Applying to BCA®
For more information about 6th-10th grade, please visit Willows Preparatory School website.
Please contact the appropriate campus for more information:
- Pre-K: Satellite Campus firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindegarten/Bilingual Kindergarten/1st Grade: BCA 1 Campus email@example.com
- 2nd-5th Grade: BCA2 Campus firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6th-10th Grade: WPS Campus email@example.com
- February 7, 2020 at 3:00 pm: Application and Supplemental Forms Due
- On February 14, 2020: Student Interviews for Pre-K/K/1st (20-30 min. visit to school)
- Prior to February 14, 2020: Full-day Student School Visit for 2nd-5th
- February 19, 2020: BCA Decisions Released
- After February 19, 2020 – Rolling Admissions (accepting applications based on space availability)
- Application for Admission
- Parent/Guardian Statement
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation from the current teacher (optional for grades Pre-K and K)
- Student Transcripts
- Virtual Student Interview
A green check mark will appear next to that particular step once you complete it on your Ravenna account. If there is no green check mark, that means the required documents have not been received. We look forward to working with you and your family as you embark on this new journey in your student’s educational career.
Stage 1 – Apply Online Through Ravenna
We work alongside Ravenna Solutions to streamline our online admissions process.
Step 1: If you have not created an account already, please create an account through Ravenna Solutions by clicking HERE. (Please create an account to attend an open house.)
Step 2: Once your account is step up, you will be brought to the Dashboard. Select “School Directory” from the left hand column.
Step 3: With “Greater Seattle” selected at the top, BCA & Willows Preparatory school will be the first school listed under School Name. Select “BCA & Willows Preparatory” and click “Apply.”
Step 4: Attending an Open House is optional and not a requirement for a completed file. However we encourage you to attend one of our Open House to obtain more information about the school. Click here for more information about the Open House.
Step 5: Select the child who is applying, the school year, grade applying to, and type of application. Click “Apply”.
Step 6: A message will appear at the top in green. Click on “Application Page” to complete an application for Bellevue Children’s Academy. Once all required field are complete in the application it will ask you to hit the green “Submit Prelim App” at the top right corner of the page.
Step 7: Click on the blue “Application for Admission” link. Please carefully read through each part of the Preliminary Application. All required sections must be complete before it can be submitted. If one section is not complete, the application will not be processed for the directors to view.
Step 8: Click on the blue link labeled “Parent/Guardian Statement.” In this section you will have the opportunity to share your child’s strengths, greatest challenges, and what you as a parent are looking for in a school.
Step 9: The Teacher Recommendation is sent online through Ravenna. (This is optional for grades Pre-K and K.) By clicking on the blue link labeled, “Confidential Teacher Recommendation” it will allow you to enter in your child’s current teacher’s name and email address. Once you click on submit, your child’s current teacher will receive the confidential recommendation form via email. We will only accept teacher recommendations through this process.
Step 10: The Request for transcripts form can be printed by clicking on the blue link labeled, “Request for Transcripts Information.” This form will need to be printed and signed by you the parent and submitted to your current school. We do ask that you submit the last three years of student transcripts, this includes the current report card for 1st to 4th grades. If you have a hard copy of your child’s transcripts, you can scan and email them to the building you are apply to. In the subject line please identify your child’s name and grade you are applying to.
Stage 2 – Schedule Student Interview (Pre-K – 1st) or Student Visit (2nd – 5th)
– Students applying for Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade (including Pre-K/K bilingual program) are required to participate in a 20-minute student interview to be held on Friday, February 14, 2020. To schedule a student interview click on the “Student Interview” link and select a time that works best with your family’s schedule. Please note these time slots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. This wonderful opportunity allows our staff to connect with your child and get to know what makes them individually special. There will be one teacher for every 6 students. Once you have completed the appropriate steps (i.e. application, transcripts, recommendation) you are able to select the time slot.
– Students applying for 2nd – 5th Grade are required to participate in a full-day school visit. To schedule a student visit click on the “Student Visit” link and select a date that works best with your family’s schedule. Students will experience a day in the life of a BCA student. This is inclusive of in-class shadowing (in the student’s current grade level) and a brief assessment. The student visit allows us to get to know your child both socially and academically. We want to make sure your child is set up for success and that Bellevue Children’s Academy is an environment they can thrive in as a life-long learner. The student visit is from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and each student is expected to bring a snack and lunch from home.
Stage 3 – Decision Round
All completed files need to be submitted by Friday, February 7 at 3 pm and you will receive a decision on Wednesday, February 19, 2020. Any files submitted after the regular admissions season will be considered a part of “Rolling Admissions” and will be considered when an opening becomes available.
Please follow the detailed steps on this page. However, we understand that this can be an overwhelming process and we are here to help! Please contact us at 425.649.0791 with any questions or if we can be of any assistance.